- One-person robotic total stations
- Digital levels
- 10 GPS Units, including our permanent GPS base station (C.O.R.S) on the roof of our office.
Software used includes:
- Topcon's CivilCAD
- AutoDesk's AutoCAD, Civil3D and Map 3D
- Riegl's RiScan Pro
- Leica's GeoOffice and Cyclone
On top of providing clear and precise paper plans, L&R can convert the job into most formats (DWG, DXF, PDF, etc.) and emailed directly to you.
What is Modeling?
Using our 3D laser scanner combined with the software achieves a higher level of degree of accuracy – allows you to reach a basis of design much more accurate then potentially outdated drawings or by having someone come in and measure certain areas only. This also minimise the number of site visits for both us and designers alike.
Benefits of Modeling:
- Much more detail for designers; if a conduit has to run through a maze of existing pipes and/or structures, the designers will know exactly where and what assets are already there - all of which can be done remotely
- Reduce in delays (no hidden surprises to slow construction)
- Zero ambiguity with regards to existing assets
- Allows designers to determine any structural faults
- Higher accuracy than conventional methods (i.e. measuring with tapes, making notes, taking photos - all of that s right in front of you)
Applications of Modeling:
- As-builts on bridges & buildings
- Roads and highways (particularly with active traffic)
- Pipeline mapping
- Fuel Depots & process plants
- Historical buildings
- Open-cut pits and stockpiles
- Mining or landfill applications can be scanned & modeled economically with resulting detail that would be difficult to achieve through traditional methods.
BIM'S (Building Information Model)
For years now Langford and Rowe have been supplying clients such as engineers and architects all over Australia with bim's. These models provide useful information for refurbishment purposes or future planning.
Materials can be assigned to the architectural objects within the bim. These objects can be external walls, internal walls, floor, doors, windows, roof, ceiling and etc.
Laser scanning now gives us the capability to capture features of heritage listed buildings and reproduce those features in the future or simply store the data for preservation reasons.
Apart from BIM's we also scan and model the services within a building creating an even more detailed bim. 2d drawings can also be created from these surveys if required or checked against design drawings to make sure that the services have been built correctly.
Complex Mechanical Sureys